Friday, August 14, 2009

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act

The Government. It seems like they are always take, take, taking our money with their food tax, their property tax, their federal tax, their "what ever the heck we feel like" tax. Well, good news folks! Times are a changin' and the government, well they want to pay YOU, yes YOU, for your new windows and doors (with some minor terms and conditions of IS the government after all, they aren't going to give it up THAT easy.) So, here's what we've found about this little gem of a rebate:

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 includes a Federal Tax Credit for up to 30% of the cost on qualifying home improvements. Now, you will not only add value to your home and save on your energy bills, but you will also save money on your taxes by installing Windsor Windows & Doors.

Program Qualifications:
  • Product must be installed from January 1, 2009 - December 31, 2010
  • This tax credit applies to non-business properties only
  • Product must be installed in taxpayer's principal residence
  • Windows and doors meeting the following criteria are eligible
    U-Factor of less than or equal to 0.30
    A Solar
    Heat Gain Coefficient of less than or equal to 0.30
  • If you are building a new home, you can qualify for the tax credit for geothermal heat pumps, photovoltaics, solar water heaters, small wind systems and fuel cells, but you will not qualify for the tax credits for windows, doors, insulation, roofs, HVAC, or non-solar water heaters
Rebate Amount:
  • The amount of the rebate is calculated by determining 30% of the homeowners cost
  • The maximum credit amount is $1,500
Claim Procedure:
  • All claims must be submitted with your taxes for the year that the products were installed
  • Manufacturer's Certification Statement for products purchased between January 1 - June 1, 2009
  • Manufacturer's Certification Statement for products purchased after June 1, 2009
  • Improvements made in 2009 will be claimed on your 2009 taxes - filed by April 15, 2010
  • All claims will be submitted using your IRS Tax Form 5695 available in late 2009 or early 2010
For More Information visit

If you're reading this and thinking to yourself "Now what in the heck does some of this mumbo jumbo mean to me?" Well have no fear! Just email us with your questions and we will help put it into Bob Terms for you (because honestly, who is Layman anyway?)

No comments:

Post a Comment